A new study of high-paying jobs of the future points to nursing as the ideal career path.
The guide from 24/7 Wall St. analyzed the best paying jobs for the next decade. Nurses led the way, followed by accountants and management analysts. The report singled out Idaho as needing a higher proportion of dental hygienists for the next 10 years (median income for dental hygienist: $68,250). 24/7 Wall St. reviewed Bureau of Labor Statistics' National Employment Matrix for the survey.
Here's the list (with the projected median income by the year 2018):
1. Registered nurses-median income: $64,690
2. Accountants and auditors-median income: $61,690
3. Management analysts-median income: $78,160
4. Computer applications software engineers-median income: $94,180
5. Physicians and surgeons-median income: $94,000-$153,000
6. Computer systems analysts-median income: $77,740
7. Market research analysts-median income: $60,570
8. Civil engineers-median income: $77,650
9. Dental hygienists-median income: $68,250
10. Personal financial advisors-median income: $64,750