In September, Boise Weekly sat down with John Elliot, who decided to go public after previously remaining anonymous as "John Doe" in his lawsuit against the Boy Scouts of America and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Elliott, along with seven other men said the BSA and LDS church had not adequately protected them as boys when they were victims of sexual abuse.
At the time, Boise-based attorney Andrew Chasan told BW that he expected there to be more plaintiffs in the suit. And indeed, on October 21, four more men came forward with allegations of abuse and attorneys are now asking a judge to allow the additional men to join the suit.
To date, there are a dozen men who say they were abused between 1972 and 1982.