Time is nearly over to get your entries in for two of Boise Weekly’s most popular contests of the year.
What’s at stake? Honor, glory and, of course, bragging rights. And in the case of Fiction 101, some cold, hard cash.
Here are the details on Fiction 101:
- Each entry must be exactly 101 words. The story title does not apply to the word count total. Microsoft Word will determine word count.
- No poetry.
- No handwritten entries.
- $10 entry fee per story.
- Put your name, address and phone number on the back of each entry.
- BW staff and freelancers are not eligible to enter.
- Winning entries are published in the Jan. 6 issue of Boise Weekly. And in addition to getting published, winners always get paid. Every year, we always dole out several hundreds of dollars to the winners.
- Mail in or drop off your entry at BWHQ, 523 Broad St., Boise, ID, 83702. Please do not send cash via snail mail.
While there’s no cash prize for Bad Cartoon, there is the chance that your very worst (read best) work will be published each and every week for one whole year if you win.
Top selections will be published in the Dec. 2 issue of Boise Weekly. Entry is free, and you can submit as many cartoons as you like, just remember to put you name and contact info on the back only, and get them in by noon on Wednesday, Nov. 18.