So my predictions for who would win a Grammy tonight for Best Record, Best Album, Best Song and Best New Artist tonight were way off. But I did want Kings of Leon to win Best Record, so technically I was half right. Right?
My predictions, which were shown several times last week on Channel 2's new show, ETV and will forever be available via YouTube:
• Best Record: My vote is for Kings of Leon's "Use Somebody" but I think Beyonce will win for "Halo."
• Best Album: My vote is for Dave Matthews Band but I think Lady Gaga will win.
• Best Song: My vote is for Kings of Leon “Use Somebody” but I think Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me" will win.
• Best New Artist: My vote is for The Ting Tings and I think they'll win. (I actually wanted MGMT to win but wrote it down wrong on my crib sheet. Even my erroneous predictions had errors.)
• Best Record: KOL's "Use Somebody." (Sweet.)
• Best Album: Fearless, Taylor Swift. (Duh. I should've known.)
• Best Song: "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)" by Beyonce. (They should come up with a category for Best Song With A Million Cover Versions on YouTube. Beyonce would have won that one, too.)
• Best New Artist: Zac Brown Band. (Who?)
One thing about the Grammys that was more wrong than my predictions: Stevie Nicks singing backup for Taylor Swift.