Last night more than 350 people joined BW staff at the Idaho State Historical Museum for our ninth annual Cover Auction.
After all 50 pieces were sold off through auction, BW raised a record $17,366. The entirety of that money will be injected into the arts community in the coming months through BW's arts grant program, for which arts organizations and individual artists are eligible to apply.
Thank you to all of our sponsors, attendees, successful and unsuccessful bidders, artists and supporters. We've already started next year's auction collection and we hope to see you at November 2011's auction.
And now for the giving away ...
Individuals and organizations wishing to be considered as recipients of this year’s grant must submit a proposal answering the following questions. A panel of judges will review the applications and select one or multiple recipients. At least one individual artist will be awarded the PJ Dean Grant for $1,000.
1. How do you or how does your organization support local visual artists?
2. Will this grant fund a new project or an existing project?
3. What is the projected budget for the project?
4. How will the grant be used?
5. Where is the location of the project and what is its accessibility?
6. How will this project benefit the community and support the mission of the Boise Weekly Cover Auction?
All proposals must be submitted to Boise Weekly at 523 Broad St. by 5 p.m. on Feb. 4, 2011. The judging committee will announce its decision in Boise Weekly in February.
For more information, please contact Office Manager Shea Sutton at 208-344-2055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.