It happens this time every year: BW has some dough to get rid of.
This year, we're giving away in excess of 16 grand. Yes, that's more than $16,000. Nope, you can't buy your own island for that kind of cash, but you could get some decent wheels. And while you couldn't buy the world a Coke with that kind of cash, you could buy 48,000 cans of the stuff.
But only if you're an artist.
BW's most recent Cover Auction netted all that money in a record-breaking year, and we turn around and give out to deserving artists as part of the BW Cover Auction Grant program. Individuals and organizations are eligible to apply. Here's how:
Individuals and organizations wishing to be considered as recipients of one of this year’s grants must submit a proposal answering the following questions. A panel of judges will review the applications and select recipients. At least one individual artist will be awarded the PJ Dean Grant for $1,000.
1. How do you or how does your organization support local artists?
2. Will this grant fund a new project or an existing project?
3. What is the projected budget for the project?
4. How will the grant be used?
5. Where is the location of the project and what is its accessibility?
6. How will this project benefit the community and support the mission of the Boise Weekly Cover Auction?
All proposals must be submitted to Boise Weekly at 523 Broad St. by 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 4, 2011. The judging committee will announce its decision in Boise Weekly in February.
Last year's grant winners included a square dancing series from Go Listen Boise, a Basque block podcast tour, Spurbans from Trey McIntyre Project and more.
For more information, please contact Office Manager Shea Sutton at 208-344-2055 or email@example.com.