Mexican puppies are smuggled already so this will do nothing to stop that..and where you obtained you information on Asia "butchering and cooking " dams of puppies is not cited. citation please. Please note that all dogs for resale will be limited NOT for personal pets. Rescues and Shelter imports will also be included as they trade dogs for money
more.. the regulation was not HSUS driven. It was supported by the American Kennel Club and the National Animal Interest Alliance and other groups that truly care about animal welfare. At least give credit where credit is due.
Good grief. could you be any more incorrect? the puppies are not shipped in "plastic tubes" if they were they would most assuredly die. The law only applies to animals for RESALE and that includes "rescues'. Personal pets may still be brought in with the correct paperwork .
Geez, we hardly need to be importing puppies. We have enough dogs without homes already.
16 Things You Probably Don’t Know About FLDS Polygamists:
1. 57-year-old Warren Jeffs remains the leader of the FLDS church, even though he’s behind bars for two felony counts of child sexual assault.*
*He’s serving life in prison as a result of being an accomplice in the rapes of a 12 year old and 15-year-old girl. He was also charged, though not convicted, on counts of incest and rape himself.
2. Warren Jeffs allegedly has something like 80 wives.
3. The FLDS church has anywhere between 7,000 and 10,000 followers, it’s kind of hard to keep track.
4. FLDS polygamists are allowed to drink alcohol and coffee, even though regular LDS Mormons can’t.
5. The FLDS believes that some sins require blood atonement.
6. The FLDS doesn’t vote in the presidential elections, because they believe Warren Jeffs is the President of the United States.
7. If you live in the FLDS community, you’re probably aged 19 or younger.
8. Very few people who raise families and live in the FLDS community ever own their own homes.
9. You’ll never see an FLDS woman’s ankles.
10. The FLDS community has its own genetic condition, which leads to a lot of unfortunate infant deaths. Due to inbreeding.
11. Polygamist women never cut their hair, like, ever. Because they plan to use their hair to wash Christ’s feet during the Second Coming. That’s not a joke. Also? They will wash their hubby’s feet with it in heaven. Also, not a joke.
12. The color red is forbidden! Because it’s believed to be the color Jesus will wear when he returns to earth at the end of days.
13. By marrying three or more wives, you’re getting yourself a ticket to heaven.
14. FLDS mothers are discouraged from hugging and kissing their children. There’s a belief that the only people who should make a child feel valued are the head of the household (read: the father) or the prophet.
15. The FLDS think African Americans and regular Mormons are of the devil.
16. FLDS men can’t have sex with their pregnant wives. The FLDS believe sex is strictly for procreation, so if your wife is already with child there’s no point to it.
These folks are clearly the bottom-feeders of the religion con-game.
Individuals born into this twisted reality, unfortunately don't stand a chance of being sane.
To learn more:
What's the VA have to do with this? Nothing. It's just real popular to pile on the VA right now.
She's active duty. What would the VA have to do with this???
Mr Jeff, you must have a good units from the start. Some units can have peers including NCOs that aren't the leadership type but just living thru their big heads, and pressure can mount for people at the end of it. Especially for a female in a male dominating area, its quite difficult when most male just wants to get in bed with you.
But then again, if you succumb to a shooting rampage, you already have a weakness that aren't fit for the military.
But really, all these shootings are out of proportion. It seems one shooting sparks whole chain of copycats that just simply love to shoot in military bases. Is this new, or its been around that weren't reported as news? I don't understand this. - If you want to shoot, head to the range.
Oh, well if Jeff says he didn't experience it, then it must not exist. Perhaps Jeff was never a female in the military.
@ Daniel Condon -- with the way the V.A. has been treating our service men and women and the "shake up" within the V.A. I wouldn't hold my breath that she'll get the treatment she needs. I'm sure they will come up with some "loophole" so that they won't have to help her.
Fortunately she only hurt herself. I served my nation in a noncombat zone for 1 year and experienced no intense pressure that would have caused me to shoot myself or anyone else when I was in civilian employment and when I was in a combat zone I experienced no intense pressure that would have caused me to shoot myself or anyone else. Perhaps Mr. Condon was never in the military either in a combat zone or a noncombat zone.
sounds like she just meant to hurt herself.
Pressure can be intense on people serving our nation
even away from a combat zone.
I hope she will be okay and our V.A. will give her the help
she obviously needs.
You're right. Bergdahl also tried to join the Foreign Legion which any sane person with a realistic understanding of what its like to be a Legionnaire wouldn't do. The Army needs to improve screening recruits for mental discipline under stress. Bergdahl is just plain lucky he didn't end up in a Taliban Beheading Video.
The problem the Army is going to have with this is this guy washed out of the Coast Guard because of mental reasons.... He should have never been able to enlist in the Army and to be on the front line...A good lawyer will spin this right back on the Army This guy could walk...STOP trying to blame this on Obama.. The Army dropped the ball on this plain and simple...
Why does everyone have to bash this topic... The point is an American is home...If he is guilty of a crime then so be it... but atleast he is on American soil and we and his parents would not have to suffer the possibility they he might have been be-headed...As far as our govt... They have done worst.. and will continue doing things that we all don't agree with..Until we live in a perfect world.... expect things to be how they are!!...Stop whining Americans...geezzzz
"The United States has a longstanding policy of not negotiating with terrorists for good reason...."
This is more smoke.
The U.S. worked with the 'terrorist' Osama Bin Laden during and after the operation against the Russians in Afghanistan, trained the state terrorists in Chile when Pinochet overthrew the elected Allende government, trained state terrorists in Vietnam under the Diem regime, trained terrorists in Nicaragua during the overthrow of the elected Ortega government, etc, etc, etc.
Here's how it works for anyone that hasn't been paying attention:
When the fighters are aligned with the interests of the U.S. corporate controllers then they're 'freedom fighters'. When the fighters are against the interests of the U.S. corporate controllers then they're 'terrorists'. Freedom has nothing to do with it.
Nor does whether they're classified as 'terrorists' or not.
The word 'terrorist' is used in order to trigger a lock-step fear-based reaction in the ignorant U.S. public. It just became the upgrade replacement for the word 'communist' as a Pavlovian stimulus for the typical U.S. reactionary.
All of this smoke about the Taliban and Bergdahl swap is just more mis-direction to keep the sheep distracted.
Guess everyone would be okay to leave americans in the hands of people we deem terrorists?
I really wish he could be crowned king, then the beheadings of all the fearful right wing idiots could proceed, unhindered.
The Pentagon is a building. It cannot break any law.
report 1 like, 0 dislikes like dislike
Posted by Linda on 08/21/2014 at 8:39 PM
Not even the law of gravity.
get sum ejukashun...dimwit
© 2016 Boise Weekly
Website powered by Foundation