www.matthopper.com if you really must know
too many online social networks making me crazy!
this band is incredible!
can't believe they are playing a free instore.
All Reviews »
Thanks AA and BW
That's a cool list. Thanks for sharing.
Actually, the show is this Saturday the 16th!
listen to the album in its entirety here: www.matthopper.com
Had a chance to see Derrick Brown perform last time he was in town at The Reef and he puts on an enchanting, engaging performance - last time with the added pleasure of 3 other poets on his tour (much like how a band will team up with other bands to pool together their fans for one fun night of a diverse roster of music). This time, you also get Thomas Paul. What a deal!
Amy - thanks for the great article and for lunch! I have a few corrections to address real quick before too many read and believe this to be true...
- I grew up outside of Wasilla city limits as close to Hatcher Pass as I was to Wasilla. Hatcher Pass is an actual pass through the mountains...of which I skiied and hiked many times growing up. Wasilla is the nearest recognizable city to which an outsider would understand, especially with Palin the media.
- Matt Hopper & The Roman Candles put out what is The Roman Candles' 3rd full length album "Rererse Odyssey" in 2007. It was recorded by Sean Hatton here in Boise, ID. It is technically the 3rd full length record. I was inspired by Neil Young and Tom Petty to move my name out front of the band as the primary songwriter with an oft-changing backup band. Of special interest, Brandon Campbell of Neon Trees played bass on this record, and Cameron Runyan of The Devil Whale played drums on this record.
- Richard Swift had nothing to do with the horns going on this record. I recruited Andy (sax) from hearing him on the streets of Boise and offered him a healthy tip to come lay down some parts on my record. I also met Justin (trumpet) and Shara (cello) through Jeffrey (flute), my friend in the Boise Philharmonic, met with these musicians for rehearsals, rented studio time at Tonic Room and pulled together these sessions on my own dime and time and then sent these tracks to Swift to add into the final mix of the record.
- There is no brushed snare on the record. Period.
- Saturday's show is $5 at the door, not $3.
- Sunday's show at the Visual Arts Collective is an art reception for 13 unique prints I created around the release of the record. Doors will open at 2 p.m. for a viewing of these pieces and The Roman Candles will play a short free set at 4 p.m.
Just a few facts I wanted to straiten out...thanks for the spotlight on the record. I hope people like it. You can download it from http://www.hatcherpassrecords.com and find more information on my show schedule at http://www.matthopper.com.
Nick Jaina, Thomas Paul & Sean Hatton are all playing this CD release party and it's more than acoustic / folk / singer-songwriter - this will be a full band rock and roll show and some party...
So, did anyone hook up with Amy?
All Comments »
© 2016 Boise Weekly
Website powered by Foundation