I have been a member of IAC for a few years never really had any issues until February 28, 2011. I was chemically burned over 90% of my body using the hot tub at the Lake Harbor facility. What has occurred is a loss of body hair,patchy red rash spots, extreme burning and itching and of course the smell of the chemicals as they reverse and eventually exit the pours. This club has been contacted on more than one occasion to provide my health care provider a list of the chemicals and amounts used in the routine maintenance of the hot tub, those efforts as of this review have gone ignored. My doctor is trying to establish a method of treatment. Currently I am prescribed a cream designed for extreme cancer radiation patients and it is having little success. It is interesting that in the year 2000 the great state of Idaho decided NOT to continue regulating Health Club facilities because they are considered "semi-private clubs" not "Public Pools", so they are EXEMPT from regulation and state jourisdiction. So these club owners can be as negligent as they wish with little reprocussions. As of this review, the problem still exists at this club. Efforts were not made to drain and correct the chemical situation in the hot tub.
I guess you could say "BUYER BEWARE" when joining, before using any of these facilities please check out the "Clarity, Color, Smell and Temperature" before using these facilities. I am very much concerned for the many innocent people who have unknowingly fallen victim to this situation. If you are a member of IAC and have had recent exposure to this situation you need to contact CENTRAL DISTRICT HEALTH 208-375-5211, and also the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU 208-842-4649 and please see a Doctor for treatment, their could be other complications caused by this neglect. In my opinion it is time these guy's step up and take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of their club members above selling new memberships!. In one day I have racked up in medical bills twice as much money as my yearly membership fee's, I don't want you to be next!.It is my understanding that the staff at these clubs are responsible for the monitoring of these chemical levels in the pools and hot tubs, that in itself is very scarry!. Idaho law needs to be changed and your local legislator needs to hear your voice and make these organizations accountable for their actions!. Thank You for your attention!
Thank you for your comments. I am trying to eliminate this from happening to someone else, especially a child. It is something you cannot see or even smell, but can do great harm to the body in a matter of minutes. it's been 19 days since I was burned from the hot tub at the Lake Harbor facility and my skin is finally beginning to heal. I do not wish this on anyone, the thing that gets me most is that the IAC management did not even drain or clean the Hot Tub after this incident was reported, it was more important for them to continue selling more memberships instead of being concerned with the welfare of the many loyal members that use the facility!.
You need to call "Cheap Thrills Karoake", this guy was awesome! 921-2288 is his number.
© 2016 Boise Weekly
Website powered by Foundation