Cain Accuser Has Statement She Wants Released 

One of the women who accused Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain of sexual harassment in the 1990s has prepared a statement, the Associated Press reported on Thursday. She has submitted the statement to the National Restaurant Association.

One of the women who accused Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain of sexual harassment in the 1990s has prepared a statement, the Associated Press reported on Thursday. She has submitted the statement to the National Restaurant Association, where she and Cain both worked at the time of the alleged harassment.

As part of her settlement when she left the NRA, the woman agreed to a confidentiality agreement. The woman's lawyer, Joel Bennett, said this week that his client was looking for the association to release her from that agreement. On Thursday, the NRA's lawyers told the AP they were reviewing the submitted statement and would decide whether to lift the agreement.

“We are currently reviewing the document, and we plan to respond tomorrow,’’ association spokeswoman Sue Hensley said.

If the statement were to be released today, it will likely give further life to a story that has grown since Sunday, when Politico first published a report on the alleged incidents of harassment.

On Thursday, Politico reported that one of the women who accused Cain received around $45,000 as part of her settlement agreement. It had previously been reported that another woman had received $35,000.

Cain has said that he was falsely accused, and has blamed various third parties for pushing the story, including Texas Governor Rick Perry.

Pin It
Favorite

Comments

Showing 1-1 of 1

 

Comments are closed.

Latest in National

More by Eric Lach, GlobalPost

© 2016 Boise Weekly

Website powered by Foundation