Boise and Meridian fire crews spent much of the early morning hours Monday battling a blaze that engulfed a Meridian pet crematorium.
Witnesses called in the fire just after midnight, saying flames were leaping from the building that houses Memorial Pet Care on East King Street in Meridian. Authorities said the flames also threatened nearby cars, trucks and semi-trailers, but the fire was ultimately contained to the building.
By sunrise, much of the building had been lost to the fire. No injuries were reported. Fire investigators are on the scene and the probe into what sparked the blaze was expected to take much of the day.