Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Propane Heater Sparks Boise House Fire, Burning Elderly Resident

Posted By on Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM

A propane heater is being blamed for a raging house fire on the Boise Bench, sending an elderly woman to the hospital for treatment of her burned legs.

Boise firefighters responded to the blaze—which quickly erupted into a two-alarm fire—at 11:40 p.m. Dec. 17 on the 1900 block of Nez Perce Street. Houses on both sides of the house fire were evacuated but firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to adjacent homes. Fire officials said knocking down the flames was difficult due to the home being crowded with items.

A resident of the home, an elderly woman, was rushed to Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center. Her burns did not appear to be life-threatening.

Fire investigators said the woman was using a propane heater in the home, leading officials to again caution residents that portable propane space heaters should not be used indoors or in any confined space unless they are designed specifically for indoor use.

Tags: ,

Pin It
Favorite

Comments


Comments are closed.

Join the conversation at facebook.com/boiseweekly
or send letters to editor@boiseweekly.com.

© 2017 Boise Weekly

Website powered by Foundation