Hit #1
Hit #2

Friday, November 21, 2014

McCall Carbon Monoxide Leak Sickens, Hospitalizes Four

Posted By on Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 9:36 AM

The owners of an RV resort in McCall are apologizing and have installed new carbon monoxide detectors in the wake an incident that sent four people to a local hospital after they were sickened near a pool area. A faulty propane boiler was blamed.

This week's McCall Star-News reports that the incident occurred on Nov. 14 at the McCall RV Resort. That's where some children near the pool area said they weren't feeling well. When firefighters arrived on the scene, they discovered that carbon monoxide was at "threatening" levels. Several other people required oxygen. Crews ventilated the area and returned a short time later to ensure that carbon monoxide readings were acceptable.

“We are very aware of severity of this situation,” owner Kris Freedman told the Star-News. “We will make sure this issue is handled professionally and that our pool is safe for the public during all times of use.” 
Pin It
Favorite

Comments


Comments are closed.

Join the conversation at facebook.com/boiseweekly
or send letters to editor@boiseweekly.com.

© 2017 Boise Weekly

Website powered by Foundation